Failure to download data

Am trying to download data using the python api but am unable to. The export is successful but after a while I get an error:
Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond'))

This is a connectivity error which is not related to api or python, most likely you’re trying to connect to an incorrect port? you need to enter the server url as you’d do in your browser, i.e. if you installed Survey Solutions and haven’t changed the default port, it listens to port 9700 so your app url would be http://your_server_address:9700.

Thank you @zurab. It is a bit strange that am able to successfully create exports using the api but unable to download the exported data

1. Can you show a snippet of code and where it fails?
  2. Is there any kind of proxy, firewall or other intermediary between your server and your client code?

Thank you @zurab. I tried and it succeeded. I talked to the programmer managing the server and got the assistance.