Unanswered Question List Interviewer App

Is it possible to add a feature for the interviewers to see only the unanswered questions on their tablet, similar to the option provided in the supervisor app. Since it would be much easier for interviewers to navigate, if they could just see a list of the unanswered questions instead of expanding each section and looking at them.

How would this look like for the case of 1000 unanswered questions in 96 rosters of 4-th level of nesting?

What about a UI that looks like the one implemented on HQ/Supervisor when the user clicks the Not Answered filter? Here I’m talking about the returned results in the middle pane–not the far-left pane for filtering or the far-right pane for the interview.

This might require an additional screen in the Interviewer UI, but I think the feature has a clear use case. Before sending a questionnaire, interviewers should ensure that all enabled questions are answered (or commented). Currently, finding unanswered questions on Interviewer is a manual process for looking for blue colors in the navigation pane, and drilling down to the unanswered questions. This process is made more difficult because of the fact that blue coloring in the navigation pane may also indicate a validation error at a lower level of nesting.

The difference is that by the time the interview reaches the supervisor, there is expected to be a handful of errors and a handful of not-answered questions. So this makes sense for the supervisors.

For the interviewers, the page will be listing all the questions of the whole interview.

@TPL any example of the software that does that?

An alternative might be to redesign the Complete screen slightly. Currently, as pictured below, it shows some interview status: # answered, # unanswered, and # errors. Below those stats, the UI lists all of the questions with errors. If the the same question has errors for multiple rows in the roster, it will be shown multiple times. If a question in a nested roster has an error, the question text will be shown without further indication about its location in the survey.

Perhaps we allow the interviewer to tap on the statistic whose items he/she wishes to see: tap on Unanswered to see unanswered questions; tap on Errors to see errors. (No reason to show list of Answered.) To make this UI change clearer, we could show tabs on this page to mirror the approach taken for the dashboard, where each tab shows a list of interviews in the indicated status.

Current Complete screen UI:

Current Interviewer dashboard UI:

I think this is a very good idea.

I completely agree, with this suggestion.