Synchronization completed with errors: Household Survey

Dear Sergey,

I am running a household survey in Ethiopia, remotely. Using the old version, field staff ably synced interviews-all tablets running on the old version successfully synced the completed interviews. However, after updating the interview app to 23.04, it is proving difficult to sync completed interviews. Besides, I have noted a new version available i.e. 23.06.2 but we can not update 23.04 to the new available version. Initially, I thought it is an internet connectivity issue-but nah. Any thoughts on addressing these challenges?

Apology if this message was already asked and responded to.

Thanks in advance.

@pangapanga , have you checked that the tablets that have troubles syncing have the same version of SuSo as your server?

My guess is that your server is requiring the tablets to have the same version of SuSo to sync–and either the tablets are behind the server version or the tablets are ahead of the server version. See more here.

What does this mean? What is the exact error message that you are getting?

Hello All,

So my case has been resolved after updating the server to the new version. We basically went to the actual SuSo installed database and updated accordingly from the console or local server where it has been installed. Initially, the server was automatically updating the versions by itself. But when changed from 23.04, the server could not update to the new version of 23.06.2. After updating, we were able to sync data from all tablets.

Hello,

So my case has been resolved after updating the server to the new version. We basically went to the actual SuSo installed database and updated accordingly from the console or local server where it has been installed. Initially, the server was automatically updating the versions by itself. But when changed from 23.04, the server could not update to the new version of 23.06.2. After updating, we were able to sync data from all tablets.

So, I am now good.

Thanks Arthur for the advice, I am now okey with the server and syncing questionnaires.

@pangapanga, thank you for confirming that an update to the newest version has resolved the unknown synchronization issues that you’ve experienced.