Server downtime

Hi Survey Solutions team.

My server present this global note:
"There was no activity on your server for more than 34 days. The server will be stopped on 09/03/2020."

But a week ago I started using a service connected to the data export API to download the data from a questionnaire, my questions are:

1. Is this enough to report activity on this server?
  2. When does the global note disappear?

Thanks for your help!

Any action that is related to data collection, such as collecting a new interview, or adding information to a rejected interview will be considered as activity.

Merely logging in or downloading the data is not.

If the survey is over, download the data (checklist here) and request the server to be stopped.

If there is a new activity, it is detected the message will be cleared. The exact time varies, but it is definitely not immediate. As an admin, you can clear the message manually from the server settings if you feel this annoys you, but we want to make sure the message is not missed due to email problems or spam filters.

Hope this helps, Sergiy Radyakin

1 Like

Thank you very much for the information, it helps me a lot.

Thank you Sergiy Radyakin.

Hi Survey Solutions team.

I continue seeing this global note on my server
There was no activity on your server for more than 34 days. The server will be stopped on 09/03/2020.

After following @sergiy 's recommendation, create a new interview and gather information on it, but still the global note doesn’t go away.

Thank you for always helping us with this project.

Hello Kevin,

the message regarding server’s end of life is posted as a normal info message on the server. Please clear the message manually, by logging in as the administrator in the menu Administration --> Settings --> Global Note.

If the message doesn’t reappear (usually overnight), then everything is fine.

If it does reappear, then yes, it is something wrong, but I doubt this is the case here.

Thank you for being vigilant and monitoring the server activity.

Best, Sergiy

1 Like

Hello Sergiy,

I did this and will be monitoring the server.

Thank you for always helping us with this project.