Section enabling condition from Cover Page question does not allow to move to next valid section

Hi all,
a colleague of mine (@togar) stumbled over the following issue, which might be related to issue #1404.

ISSUE

If you use a question from the Cover Page for an enabling condition of a section, the respective section is rendered at the bottom of the Cover Page in the Interviewer Application even if it should NOT be enabled.

In this case, the section button is a) not clickable - which is fine since it should be not accessible, but therefore b) prevents seamless navigation to the subsequent sections.

I tried out various scenarios:

• Only happens using the Interviewer Application. It does not matter if you use the application WITH and WITHOUT Maps.

• Does not apply when using Web Interviewer Interface (and Online Tester)

• Tried SurSol HQ / Interviewer Application versions 21.01, 21.06, 21.09

• Pre-filled Questions on Cover Page and without does not make a difference

• Set the flag ‘Hide if disabled’ did not solve the issue

See pictures below to highlight the issue.

WORKAROUND

• Instruct Interviewers to open the table of contents and select the next enabled section. Not ideal.
  • Move the questions from Cover Page that are used for enabling conditions to a new section, right after Cover Page. In case they are relevant for the Interviewer Dashboard, try using variables that render information based on the respective questions.

Did you mean ‘Hide if disabled’ for the whole questionnaire? or specifically for this section (module 1)?

Please double-check that setting ‘Hide if disabled’ flag specifically for this section (module 1) is ineffective.

Hi Sergiy,

I meant setting ‘Hide if disabled’ for this section ‘Module 1’ does not resolve the issue.

However, I didn’t try the global setting ‘Hide element when it is disabled’. Just tried: This unfortunately did not resolve the issue either.

Any other info I can provide you with to get to the bottom of this?

I have created a questionnaire trying to reproduce the issue you are reporting.
I didn’t succeed to reproduce it using the TESTER APP.

sectionEnablement.pdf (171.1 KB)

Please try to reproduce your issue using the Tester App and your current questionnaire. If it is reproducible, then how is your questionnaire different from the attached? (in what details?)
If the issue with your questionnaire is not reproducible with the Tester, then it is yet another issue of the different behavior of the Tester vs Interviewer, but I think it is not.

On a second look, I notice that despite the section does not appear in the table of contents (like on your screenshot), the disabled section title appears on the button, which is not correct.

Please try to reproduce your issue using the Tester App and your current questionnaire. If it is reproducible, then how is your questionnaire different from the attached? (in what details?)

Interestingly, I was ABLE to recreate the issue using the TESTER APP. So how my is questionnaire different? The only difference I see is that I have two sections.

Issue Section.pdf (175.0 KB)

However, just tried with one section: Issue persists.

Device related? My device model: Phone samsung SM-G973F (RP1A.200720.012.G973FXXSDFUI5)

Re your second look: This is the exact same issue that happens to me if I set the global ‘Hide if disabled’. The screenshot I posted was with section specific “Hide if disabled”.