Running Survey Solutions on Own Servers

What are the requirements and setups that need to be in place in order for us to run Survey Solutions on our own servers.

Please introduce yourself and explain your situation

I’m Kevin and I’m team leader in charge of SS CAPI for data collection in a Household survey that we will be conducting. As per, our data privacy policy, I am enquiring if we can run Survey Solutions on our servers.

What country? What orga

National Statistical Office (Papua New Guinea)

Dear Kevin Dylan Temeoto,

Survey Solutions supports several modes of server installation including installation on the local servers. However, we recommend our users who are just starting with Survey Solutions to use our free cloud servers on the WB infrastructure. There is a learning curve in collecting data with Survey Solutions CAPI and, from our experience, it might difficult for our users to adjust their data collection practices to protocols imposed by Survey Solutions simultaneously with dealing with issues that might arise from local installation.

Local installation of Survey Solutions is also much harder for us to support. It is very difficult for us to separate issues related with local network configurations, firewalls, ports, etc. from the issue directly related with Survey Solutions. It is also difficult for the Survey Solutions support to work on the remote servers. In some cases, actions of inexperienced users caused data loses and interruptions in the data collection.

So, we recommend you to use Survey Solutions on the World Bank cloud servers for two-three surveys and then discuss with us a possibility of switching to a local server.

Please contact us if you need to discuss your special circumstances.

1 Like

Appreciate the feedback…

Hi,can you tell the right url of the World Bank cloud servers?

All information regarding running survey solutions can be found at https://support.mysurvey.solutions/headquarters/config/server-setup/

you mean the demo server? But it reject to use real data.

Do not use the demo server for any real data collection.

Andrii’s link leads to server setup instructions. Use these instructions to setup your own server.

For WB cloud-based servers see also the notice here:
https://support.mysurvey.solutions/faq/cloud-server-request/