Rosters and sub rosters

Hello everybody, I am working on the design of a olive survey.
This was the structure (in summary) of the first desing and It works perfectly :

In one plot I can have 2 or more varieties.

But then some olive producers proposed me this other stucture:

They tell me that answer production data per general variety (not by variety on plot), is much easier and common for them .

So my problem is that I am not sure about if It is possible with the syntax build a summary (number of plants total and in production, efective area per variety) to introduce then the general production of the variety , and make some controls about production/plant or production/ha in the design.

All idea or advice will be welcome!!

How many varieties do you have to choose from?
Is it really 8 or is 8 just the tip of the iceberg?

I have 32 varieties and I have more questions in the sub-roster but those I mention are the most important for productions controls.

First, the recommendation that you are getting makes sense (and not just in the olive business). Many farmers can tell you info about each PLOT (such as area, irrigation status, etc) and what CROPS they grow there. But the harvest is largely put in a big barn, and from there is disposed of without any tracking where it is coming from. So the farmer will be able to tell for each crop (or variety) how much he sold vs. consumed in the household, but not by plot.

One final thought - such tree-search calculations may be somewhat heavy for some tablets. Definitely check the performance of your devices with a real-life example (not a trivial two-crops setup). As there is a risk that you can end up with something formally working, but not acceptable in practice.

Provided that the number of crops is not large (your 32 is ok) the fixed roster should be a proper solution for this task with a condition that the crop is mentioned on ANY of the plots. Your screenshot shows exactly that condition. And using the .Sum() function you should be able to estimate the total area under the crop to calculate the yield. (see examples here:
https://www.csharp-examples.net/linq-sum/ and in other internet resources).

Ok thanks for answer it.
About your comments:

1. "One final thought - such tree-search calculations may be somewhat heavy for some tablets"
    Are you referring about the calculates that I want to do (sum of plants, area, etc from sub roster “Varieties” to “Production” list )?

2."Definitely check the performance of your devices with a real-life example"
Yes of course, our politic is always do lots of test before throw away the idea, so In this we are, but first I need to see if this is possible and works.

Finally, I understood that you think that It is possible:
3." And using the .Sum() function you should be able to estimate the total area under the crop to calculate the yield. "

Could It be for example, inside the “Production” list and the variety selected making new variables (fx) using some as example https://www.csharp-examples.net/linq-sum/?

Could you help me with the syntax? Sorry but I can`t see which of the examples are more convenient for this.
Could it be this one?:

In that case How could I do the adaptation? having as a example the summary or scheme that I sent in the first message.
var = ?
int=?
new?

What are those above exactly doing reference ? I`m not sure.

@aortiz_dd, calculation of the average yield for multiple crops grown across multiple plots can be seen in the following public questionnaire: PUBLIC EXAMPLE - YIELD CALCULATION

An earlier discussion with @cboxho last month involved a different example with harvest reported separately for each plot-crop combination: PUBLIC EXAMPLE Crop Harvest

Ok thank you!

I could see PUBLIC EXAMPLE Crop Harvest ( and the earlier discussion) but I could not see PUBLIC EXAMPLE - YIELD CALCULATION, this last one where could I see It? You are talking about https://designer.mysurvey.solutions/questionnaire/public

Here is a direct link to the example questionnaire.

Thank you very much for your support!! the example questionnaire had the example that I needed.