Roster question

How do I validate a question with the roster where I have to enter a number of persons in to validate the number in the roster

Your question is not clear. Please try to explain your situation in more details. What roster you are creating. What question you are trying to validate, etc. Help us to understand you better, to help you.

Misha

My question is: I have a numeric question where i have to enter the total number of persons in the household after the interview. I want to validate that the number I enter after the interview is the same as the number of persons entered in the roster.

You are still not clear. We have four different types of rosters. What do you mean “the number of persons entered in the roster”? Do you have a question inside the roster where you enter a number of people? Also, why to do you need to record this information twice, in the roster and outside the roster?

Misha

http://support.mysurvey.solutions/customer/portal/questions/17089666-count-using-several-conditions-based-on-roster?b_id=12728

I have a roster: A List roster where I enter members of a household. At the end of the interview I have a question (numeric) where I have to enter the number of persons in the household. In this instance it will be the number of persons I listed in the roster at the beginning of the interview.

Please read the questions/answers on the link I sent you.

Misha

Does not work. What I want to do is to validate the number of respondents in the list roster.

e.g List roster have five respondents

and I have a have a numeric question at the end of the interview that I have to enter the number of respondents to validate that they are five. If I enter 4 it should give me an error message. i hope this make sense

Ndihuwo,

“I have a numeric question where i have to enter the total number of persons in the household after the interview.”

Change your questionnaire to ask for number of respondents at the BEGINNING of the interview. Then assign the question as the roster trigger.

Best, Sergiy Radyakin

Thanks Sergiy