Remove Audio Audit Files from Interviewer App

Hello WBSS Team,

Unfortunately we deployed an assignment to the field with ‘Record Audio’ selected accidentally. Now the interviews will not sync with the logs showing code 413 (Request Entity Too Large). Is there any way to delete the audio audit files from the Tablet locally or remotely? I’ve looked through the forum and FAQ page and can’t find anything on this.

We are running 21.05.2.31189 on the server and 21.05.2 (build 29581) on the apps. Thanks for any help in advance!

Blockquote
20:00:46[InterviewerUploadInterviews][Error][Failed to synchronize interview]WB.Core.SharedKernels.Enumerator.Implementation.Services.SynchronizationException: Unexpected error —> WB.Core.Infrastructure.HttpServices.HttpClient.RestException: Request Entity Too Large —> WB.Core.Infrastructure.HttpServices.HttpClient.ExtendedMessageHandlerException: Request POST https://hq.prosoil-monitoring.de/ethafar/api/interviewer/v3/interviews/b345536b-cd36-462c-9f84-e2d9b0467cee/audioaudit failed with status code 413 (Request Entity Too Large).
at WB.Core.Infrastructure.HttpServices.HttpClient.ExtendedMessageHandler.SendAsync (System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x0011e] in <1eab9f7897a04b6aade858a9f9eaa298>:0
at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered (System.Threading.Tasks.Task1[TResult] sendTask, System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request, System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource cts, System.Boolean disposeCts) [0x000b3] in <30aede46f4b046e3a3291b227c1e5525>:0 at WB.Core.Infrastructure.HttpServices.Services.RestService.ExecuteRequestAsync (System.String url, System.Net.Http.HttpMethod method, System.Object queryString, System.Net.Http.HttpContent httpContent, WB.Core.Infrastructure.HttpServices.HttpClient.RestCredentials credentials, System.Boolean forceNoCache, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2[TKey,TValue] customHeaders, System.Nullable1[T] userCancellationToken) [0x003f7] in <1eab9f7897a04b6aade858a9f9eaa298>:0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at WB.Core.Infrastructure.HttpServices.Services.RestService.ExecuteRequestAsync (System.String url, System.Net.Http.HttpMethod method, System.Object queryString, System.Net.Http.HttpContent httpContent, WB.Core.Infrastructure.HttpServices.HttpClient.RestCredentials credentials, System.Boolean forceNoCache, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2[TKey,TValue] customHeaders, System.Nullable1[T] userCancellationToken) [0x005cc] in <1eab9f7897a04b6aade858a9f9eaa298>:0 at WB.Core.SharedKernels.Enumerator.Implementation.Services.EnumeratorSynchronizationService.TryGetRestResponseOrThrowAsync (System.Func1[TResult] restRequestTask) [0x00080] in :0
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at WB.Core.SharedKernels.Enumerator.Implementation.Services.EnumeratorSynchronizationService.TryGetRestResponseOrThrowAsync (System.Func1[TResult] restRequestTask) [0x0008e] in <b3a53c5611b147cc9cf3488f8408eac5>:0 at WB.Core.SharedKernels.Enumerator.Implementation.Services.Synchronization.Steps.UploadInterviews.UploadAudioAuditByInterviewAsync (WB.Core.SharedKernels.Enumerator.Views.InterviewView interview, WB.Core.SharedKernels.DataCollection.WebApi.InterviewUploadState uploadState, System.IProgress1[T] progress, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x0021b] in :0
at WB.Core.SharedKernels.Enumerator.Implementation.Services.Synchronization.Steps.UploadInterviews.ExecuteAsync () [0x004bb] in :0 |MoveNextRunner.InvokeMoveNext => d__8.MoveNext => NLogLogger.Error

I am not aware of any manual way of removing audio audit files.

How many interviews are being synced from each tablet? if there are many, can you try to reopen all completed interviews and leave only one in the completed status so that the data for only one interview is sent?

@zurab1 Very good suggestion :clap:, in addition to syncing one interview at a time, I would also suggest having the device connected to a stable network. I had an interview with the active audit trail and it was not syncing due to an intermittent internet connection, but after many attempts it succeeded in syncing.

Thanks @sergiy. I would then propose a setting in the Admin GUI for globally (or by workspace) disabling audio audits.

Thanks @zurab1 for the excellent workaround suggestion. The HQ now has the tablet back in Addis on a higher bandwidth connection. I gave them instructions as per your suggestion, but unfortunately the same thing is happening. Possibly user error again - I am not sure exactly. Thought most likely as kv700032 indicates a bandwidth issue still. The internet in Ethiopia is bad at the moment.

You can test the connection quality with the diagnostics tool, see #2 Test bandwidth to server:
https://docs.mysurvey.solutions/interviewer/troubleshooting/interviewer-app-diagnostics/

Audio recording status can be switched on/off individually for each assignment via the UI (click on the value in the grid YES/NO) and via the API.

Thanks again @sergiy. Just to clarify - my suggestion was to allow Admin to disable audio audit at the global or workspace level. This would prevent HQ users from ever creating an assignment with audio audit enabled (although they should know better…!!)

This is why we don’t allow the HQ users to delete surveys!! :slight_smile:

On the constructive note, regulating every aspect of work of the users with checkboxes is just not practical.

Put simply, just like in a driving school, they don’t customize the number of pedals in a car for each person, they are determining whether the person is fit for driving or not, and if ok, issue the license, so you do the training, maintain discipline, and take corrective action if necessary to manage your workforce. (Rather then regulate which buttons they are allowed to press). Survey Solutions provides a lot of logging to facilitate these investigations if necessary.

Understood @sergiy. In any case, judging by the lack of similar support requests on the forum, it doesn’t seem this is a common problem.

Keep up the great work with the platform - it’s very much appreciated!