Referencing a fixed roster from within another fixed roster

Hi, I am having some trouble designing a consumption section of a questionnaire and would appreciate some help.

The structure of the section is as follows:

During the interview, the interviewer first asks questions 3 and 7 for every item and then go back and ask the rest of the questions for the items that were reported as acquired.

This is very similar to the public example questionnaire for consumption, but there is one key difference. In this case, one of the 2 questions (Q7) that determine the number of rows for the roster is not a Y/N question, but rather, has 5 options (self-produced, as a payment, obtained from own business, gift or donation, other). This means that for this variable I cannot use the same structure of roster triggered by a multi-select question.

Currently, I have all the questions in a fixed roster, but I cannot leave it like that because the interviewer would need to enter and exit every roster item to answer Q3 and Q7, and then they would have no way to know which items to go back to in order to answer the remaining questions.

I am trying to make 2 separate fixed rosters with the same items, and just leave Q3 and Q7 in the first one and then the remaining questions in the second one. However, I have not been able to find a way to reference the questions and rows of the first roster from within the second one.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions and if you need me to provide any more information I will gladly do so,

Thanks in advance

This is what I would’ve done in this case as well.

R1[@rowcode].Q7 will give you the quantity of the item consumed (Q7) as entered in the roster R1 to be used in expressions of R2.

Best, Sergiy

Thank you very much, this worked just fine.