Randomising suggestions

I want to ask about the manner in which I can make the suggestions of one question random. I will give an example :
Question : what is your favorite color?
-red
-blue
-green

Question : what is your favorite color .?
-green
-red
-blue

Question : what is your favorite color .?
-blue
-green
-red

Hello Yosraj,

Survey Solutions provides system variable Quest.IRnd() (see the release notes for version 5.1.0), which you can compare with thresholds between 0 and 1 to randomly turn on one of the three questions and turn off the other ones.

Best, Sergiy

thank you mr Sergiy for your cooperation

Hello @sergiy !

Is there an equivalent of that for randomising potential answers of a multiple select question instead ?
That is, one would have only one question, and then, in random order, blue, green, or red.

Not that I don’t like your solution with Quest.IRnd(), but rather that I have 12 different possible answers to my questions (like 12 different colors in that example), so I just can’t make one question for each permutation of answers within the question.

Many thanks !
Noé B

Also, I came across this solution : Public example Randomizing order of questions : Randomise question order

First, the title seems poor to me since it is the content of the questions that is randomised and not the questions themselves. Moreover, that works for a few options, but what about a true randomisation for >10 options ?

On the other hand, we have this solution : PUBLIC EXAMPLE Randomize question content
Again the title is poor since the order of questions is randomised, not their content (unless I got it entirely wrong). However, in that case, it works well :slight_smile:

Please don’t get me wrong, despite my criticism I sincerely admire the work done on this software, and I just want to contribute to make it a little bit better ! Thanks,

Noé B

Aaaand I just realised that option titles must be unique, which is to me another reason why the “multiple sets” solution is far from ideal.

@sergiy
Hello Sergiy,

I was wondering if, perhaps, an “answer randomising feature” was implemented in survey recently, or if you got an idea for a syntax that would allow to do that.
If not, is it in the pipes of the SuSo team at all ?

Many thanks,
Noé B.