Problem synchronising interviewer tablet

Hello,

one of our interviewers and supervisors recently had a mix up regarding duplicate log in on two different devices. We were able to sort it out with minimal loss of data. The other login was removed, and the application was uninstalled from that device. But the original device has since been unable to synchronise with the server, with the error coming as
“Unexpcted exception”

I have gone through other posts here mentioning the problem. One of them suggested making sure the workspace is properly selected. Even doing that has not resolved the issue. I have received trace logs for the device. Please let me know what can be done to resolve the issue.

We are currently working with 22.09.1 (build 33151) version.

@vkpl, if your interviewer relinked his account to another device he/she has passed through this dialog (see screenshot), confirming the loss of data on the original device:

After this, an attempt to synchronize the original device will result in a meaningful error message:
User authentication error
Your account was relinked to another tablet
See here: "User authentication failed. Your account should be relinked" - #3 by tbalantrapu

Now, you wrote:

Depending on what you’ve done, that action may have come in conflict with something else, resulting in an “Unexpected exception”.

The control of supervisors over the process of relinking has been added in version 23.04, see release notes, and I’d recommend to update to the most recent/current version of Survey Solutions to take advantage of this and other improvements.

Best, Sergiy

So we had the other device synchronise its data and logout and uninstall the app from their device. We uninstalled and reinstalled the app in original device after other device was clear and tried to establish login. We were able to log in successfully but the synchronisation process was interrupted.
shobha_c_tabletproblem

Will updating to new version in the middle of the survey cause any problem for other tablets? Will I need to update all interviewer tablets to keep them compatible? Also I tried looking into documentation for process of updating. I could find for interviewer tablet. I couldn’t find for headquarter or supervisors.

Hello @vkpl, this is useful, but not sufficient.

In the digest:

1. you’ve installed the interviewer App,
  2. logged in successfully, but
  3. synchronization was unsuccessful with an “Unexpected exception”.

This is not an intended behavior. Yet the message is a generic message that doesn’t give necessary details on the reasons this is happening.

The details will be in the Interviewer App’s log file(s). See more here:

Best, Sergiy.

I will ask for support package. I currently have the trace logs from the tablet if they can work.

I had additional questions regarding updating to newer version:
Will updating to new version in the middle of the survey cause any problem for other tablets? Will I need to update all interviewer tablets to keep them compatible? Also, I tried looking into documentation for process of updating. I could find for interviewer tablet. I couldn’t find for headquarter or supervisors. Maybe I’m missing something, I will appreciate if you point me towards the right resources.

Any update on this issue?