Problem sharing(invite) colleague to edit questionnaire

I have tried to share my form template to a colleague that has just registered on the designer however he gets the following message when he clicks on the invite email:

“You don’t have permission to edit this questionnaire”

but no questionnaire is seen, although I allowed editing in my invite.

I have carried out the same procedure with others and they received the form. I also invited him to view the questionnaire and this produced the same error.

How do we rectify this ?

Neville

Dear Neville,

thank you for your question.

The problem is likely not a problem. Your colleague simply needs to login to the Survey Solutions Designer and open the shared questionnaire. If he follows the link and he is NOT signed in in the browser which opens the link (and yes, there are many computers with multiple browsers) then he will get the message you describe.

Best, Sergiy Radyakin

Neville,

check that your colleague didn’t create multiple accounts. This is most likely the explanation here. Ask your colleague to create any questionnaire (anything, an empty section will do) and share this questionnaire with you. Check what YOU see in the settings as the owner, and share with THAT email, not any other.

Best, Sergiy

Good day Sergiy,

He logged in however he still isn’t seeing the questionnaire that I shared with him. He has tried logging out of the designer and even restarting his machine but he is still unable to see the questionnaire.

What is the next step?

Neville

Neville, your colleague is having two accounts. Establish proper communication with him/her and explain that it is important to use the one that corresponds to the email that you are sharing with.

There is no defect in the software. Following the steps above you should be able to resolve this and no other steps are necessary.

Best, Sergiy

Good day Sergiy,

I did as you suggested and I received his shared questionnaire. It shows his correct login name. I sent him an invite to another questionnaire and this was not shown when he logged in to the designer.

This is very strange,is there anything else that we can try ?

Neville

Dear Neville,

thank you for confirming the issue has been resolved with the advice given.

Best, Sergiy Radyakin

Good day Sergiy,

We finally got it rectified, one of the multiple accounts my colleague registered on was a alias email account and I was sending the invite to the alias account.

Thanks again for all the help

Regards

Neville