Login and Password problem

Dear Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I am currently experiencing while attempting to log in to the demo server.

When I enter my login credentials, including my username and password, I encounter the following error message: “You do not have permission to access this site. Contact your administrator.” This issue is preventing me from accessing the demo server and evaluating your product effectively.

I have attempted to troubleshoot the problem on my end by verifying the accuracy of my login credentials and ensuring that there are no typographical errors. However, the issue persists, and I am unable to proceed.

I kindly request your support in resolving this matter as soon as possible. I am eager to explore the capabilities of Survey Solution and would greatly appreciate your assistance in getting me access to the demo server.

If there are any additional details or information you require from me to investigate and resolve this issue, please do not hesitate to reach out. I am more than willing to provide any necessary information to expedite the resolution process.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to your response and a swift resolution to this login issue.

Sincerely.

Personal demo server or public demo server?

What is the account LOGIN (just name, not password) and user ROLE that is assigned to that account?

Password issues are described in the “Password issues“ article on the documentation site.

@imas

Personal demo server or public demo server?
What is your account LOGIN (just name, not password) and user ROLE that is assigned to that account?