Limitation of work space . How mony work space can be created on survey solutions?

I’m having a difficulty to separate interviews according to the numeration area . We are planing to collect 500 numeration area . Here are some quation I have

1. Do I need to creat a working space for each numeration area or do all of the interview in one single working space
    2.if I’m creating for each numeration area how much working space can survey solution creat
  2. If I’m using one single working space for 500 numeration area how can I identify and export to another data reporting software for each numeration area ?

You could simply have a question for the enumeration area in the cover. The assignments could be assigned based on this question. When you export the data, you could filter based on this variable.

You should not have multiple workspaces for the same survey. In fact you should can have multiple surveys in a single workspace if it is for the same project/ team.

1 Like

We are trying to fetch data by Api request to the server. And the only way we able to get date is by the work space . We can’t access the specific numuration area survey .

Now it becomes clearer what you are trying to do.
To fetch exported data for a single enumeration area through an API request you would have to
do one of the following:
a) use 500 different servers (not practical)
b) use 500 different workspaces on a single server (not practical)
c) use 500 different survey versions in a single workspace (also not practical, but possibly doable)

Better to have a single survey, export all interviews and then separate them into the 500 different enumeration areas.

How many interviews do you expect in total?
How many interviews do you expect for one enumeration area on average?

Although not explicitly called this way, but the unit of operation in Survey Solutions is a ‘survey’ - something that has its own sample (list of assignments), questionnaire and the team fieldworkers/supervision. So if you have 500 different surveys in this sense, sure, go ahead and create 500 workspaces, or servers, or questionnaire versions.

But as other already pointed out and already, you’re most likely not talking about 500 different surveys, but one in which there is grouping of the sample (assignments/interviews) by a characteristic you call an enumeration area.

So, as @klaus advised, work with a survey as a whole, export the data of your survey, and then, in your data-analysis tool of choice, group those data by any characteristic/field including the enumeration area.

See the following discussion of how to determine the interviews with a particular value of an exposed variable:

(I think it is safe to assume that your enumeration area is such a variable).

In principle however it is important to understand whether the need for a subset of data is motivated by the efficiency reason (not to pull what you don’t need) or security reason (not being able to pull the data you shouldn’t need).

For one numration area ( we call it wereda )[region=> Zone => wereda] .For each wereda there will be 3 type interviews HHQ house hold (400 interviews), FGD focusgroups (25-30 interviews) , KII key informant (7 interviews)

Thank you . Can you be more specific how can we get the Api response for exposed variables

Okay, that’s more than 200,000 interviews in total (towards the end of the survey).
Can you answer @sergiy 's question: what is the reason you want to export each enumeration area separately?
Also: how often do you want to export the data? Every hour? Once a day? At the end of the survey?
For example: for daily monitoring I would export all interviews once a day (may take some time), then separate them into batches (one for each EA). For hourly monitoring this wouldn’t work.

If you want to export always only the latest interviews, that would be much less. You can specify a time range in the API request. The same goes for exporting only approved (or completed) interviews. You can request the export by interview status.

The best would be to explain what exactly you are trying to achieve. I am sure we could suggest a good solution then…

@ KLAUS thank you for making it clear for as the reason we want to export each numration area is

1. Each numratiin area is surveyed in a specific time and period then we make a report on it to calculate each interview by indicators
  2. We want to store the collected interview in to another data base for future use
  3. We are exporting it another web app( we are developing the app ) that calculate the indicators report

We would like to export when one snumeration rarea is completed that means 400 HOUSE hold ,30 FGD and 7 Kii interview s for one numeration area (wereda)

What exactly we want to achieve is to get a survey interview for one numeration area when the data collection is completed

Retive the data
(by Api or export format )

Then store the interview in the app database then calculate the indicators and prepare a report

Last but not list any suggestions on how exactly we can make Api request for exposed variables Api get code ?

So, under the assumption that you want to avoid by all means exporting all interviews, I would do the following:
Whenever an EA (wereda) is completed, change the status of the corresponding interviews to “Headquarters Approved”, either in the Headquarters module or through an API call.
Then create the export file through an API call with InterviewStatus = ApprovedByHeadquarters. This way you only get the interviews of your completed wereda(s).
Also use the From parameter in the API request to make sure you don’t export previously exported weredas again.

In the GraphQL API you can use the “interviews” query filtering for specific exposed variables, like your wereda id. (Look at the link provided by @sergiy that explains the syntax).
You have to expose these variables before you can call the API request. Here is a link how to do this: https://docs.mysurvey.solutions/headquarters/svymanage/exposed-variables/

However, this query will not return the full interviews, but only metadata like the responsible name, status, etc. and the identifying data (the data that were preloaded).

Hello,
I would just like to point out a small issue with the size of the frame for the workspaces drop-down menu. When the list of workspaces exceeds 10 (1), some do not appear well because they are outside the box (2).

Thank you

Observing the following with the version 21.09.3 (current):

First 10 workspaces (alphabetically) are shown in the dropdown menu (see: A), the rest are available using the scrollbar (see: B). This is correct and intended behavior (as shown on my screenshot).
This is Version 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a Windows PC.

I couldn’t replicate the problem shown in your screenshot. @ibdiop, what device/browser/version are you using?

1 Like

Thank you @sergiy . I use a laptop, Firefox browser (version 94, 64 bits) and the version 21.06.3 (build 31513) of Survey Solutions.