Issue installing SurveySolutions.21.6.on AWS

Is there a repository for older versions of Survey Solutions?

Tried Installing SurveySolutions.21.6.2.31490 on AWS Windows Server 2019. Installation Seems to be successful. I can get to localhost and I can get to the instance via the Internet. I can get the default IIS page. However, if I try to connect to localhost:9700 or to port 9700 I’d like to install 21.01 just to see if I run into the same issue

Only the most recent version is available for download from our download page. However, since the download page is public, you may have chances of finding the installation file with a colleague here and there. We discourage the installation of older versions for we know that there were issues fixed since then.

Yet, I don’t understand what problem you are describing. A sentence or two may be missing in your paragraph:

However, if I try to connect to localhost:9700

then what happens?

Apologies…

The connection times out. There is no response.

Then how is the version of the software relevant, if the server is not responding?

I never said it was, I’m just trying to get the software up and running.

I’ve tried at least 3 iterations of following the AWS setup instructions all with the same result.

I’ve tried using different MS server AMIs, using no security, etc. all with the same result

I’m open to suggestions.

I’d like to install 21.01 just to see if I run into the same issue

Yes, you will.

Consider using the AWS reachability analyzer if your server is in the AWS cloud.

So, I finally got this working using AWS Microsoft Server 2019 AMI.

1. Installed Microsoft .NET Core 5.0.2 - Windows Server hosting software.
  2. Run Survey Solutions Softwatre install.
    Once the Install is done it will launch a webpage pointing to localhost:9700
    The response on the webpage is as follows:

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Detailed Error Information:

Module IIS Web Core Requested URL http://localhost:9700/
Notification Unknown Physical Path
Handler Not yet determined Logon Method Not yet determined
Error Code 0x8007000d Logon User Not yet determined
Config Error
Config File \?\C:\Survey Solutions\Site\web.config

Config Source:
-1:
0:

More Information:
This error occurs when there is a problem reading the configuration file for the Web server or Web application. In some cases, the event logs may contain more information about what caused this error.
View more information »

1. Create the following directory → C:\Survey Solutions\Site.net-app
    Change ownership of directory to SYSTEM

2. Reboot server

3. Run Survey Solutions install again but this time select Repair

4. Once repair is complete go to localhost:9700 at which point you should get a working webpage.