Internal server error occurred. Please contact with customer support of Survey Solutions

I have developed a questionnaire through survey solution designer. There is no compilation error. In spite of that from headquarter module i am unable to import the questionnaire and generate interviews in sample mode. Following error message is thrown:

Internal server error occurred. Please contact with customer support of Survey Solutions.

regards
Nilanjana Roy

Dear Nilanjana,

Could you please provide us with some additional information, name of the questionnaire and server you used for importing?

Best regards,
Survey Solutions Support Team

Dear Nilanjana,

Good, thanks.
As far as I understand you are using local installation so one more thing we need to detect the issue - it’s a build number of your Headquarters site.
You can find it in bottom left screen’s part near [Get Interviewer App] button of any site’s page.

Best regards,

The name of the template is test_q4_v1_U. We are using 5.19 version of survey solution in our NIC server for Periodic labour Force Survey.
Regards
Nilanjana Roy

The build no of headquarter site :(build 16084)

In this template we have added one section for member details which will show information stored in a series of string variables from the household roster.

Our string variable(member_details) is as given below:

( @rowindex + 1) + “. " + @rowname + " - " + new[]{”",“male”,“female”}[sex.Value] + " - " + age + " - " + new[]{"",“never married”,“currently married”,“widowed”,“divorced”}[marst.Value] + " - " + new[]{"",“head of household” , “spouse of head” , “married child” , “spouse of married child” , “unmarried child” , “grandchild” , “father/mother/father-in-law/mother-in-law” , “brother/sister” , “others” }[rel.Value] + " - " + new[]{"",“not literate” , “literate:EGS/NFEC/AEC” , “literate:TLC” , “literate: others” , “below primary” , “primary” , “middle” , “secondary” , “higher secondary” , “diploma/certificate” , “graduate” , “postgraduate or above”}[gedu_lev.Value]

This variable is called in the new section as:
roster1[1].member_details

Regards
Nilanjana

Dear Nilanjana,

Now you should be able to import questionnaire into your Headquarters version right after fixing compilation errors. Just FYI: after the last release current software version is 5.26 but you are still using 5.19 and since that time we’ve made a lot of changes related to questionnaire engine. So I strongly recommend you to update your system or setup new server with latest release.

Best regards,

Dear Nilanjana Roy,

thank you for your question.

1. You wrote “but we could not display the roster rowname with @rowname” but you didn’t provide any details. Why? what happens instead?

2. I have placed @rowname in a string variable and it works as expected (evaluates to the name of the current person). Why? What am I doing differently?

3. the following syntax is illegal in C#: 1+“a” because 1 is a number and “a” is a string, and the + operation can’t be performed on such different types (this may be permissible in other languages you may have experience with, such as Java, but not the case with C#). This is most likely the problem. I can’t understand from your message whether the quoted expression is a fragment or an actual expression and in what context it is being used. Check if you intended to just display a sequential number or do some transformations based on that number. Use https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.object.tostring(v=vs.110).aspx if necessary.

4. For other users reading this thread: if you ever need to obtain the name of the person from the list computationally (this should not be needed in this case) the following expression can be used:
    mylist.First(x=>x.Item1==@rowcode).Item2
    where mylist is the identifier of the list triggering the roster.

5. This thread has started with the request that “Internal server error occurred. Please contact with customer support of Survey Solutions.” Has this original request been resolved? If so, I suggest starting another more appropriately titled forum thread.

6. Earlier Mr. Zinkovskiy has mentioned v5.26 as current. Current should be understood as “currently developed”. Current released version is 5.25. Version 5.19 is indeed a rather outdated one. See features added in the recent updates here:
    http://support.mysurvey.solutions/customer/portal/articles/2759597
    Try to update your server when the opportunity comes.

Best, Sergiy Radyakin

Thank you very much. We could now upload the tab/zip files and generate interviews. But we could not display the roster rowname with @rowname

*( @rowindex + 1) + “. " + @rowname + " - " + new[]{”",“male”,“female”}[sex.Value] + " - " + age + " - " + new[]{"",“never married”,“currently married”,“widowed”,“divorced”}[marst.Value] + " - " + new[]{"",“head of household” , “spouse of head” , “married child” , “spouse of married child” , “unmarried child” , “grandchild” , “father/mother/father-in-law/mother-in-law” , “brother/sister” , “others” }[rel.Value] + " - " + new[]{"",“not literate” , “literate:EGS/NFEC/AEC” , “literate:TLC” , “literate: others” , “below primary” , “primary” , “middle” , “secondary” , “higher secondary” , “diploma/certificate” , “graduate” , “postgraduate or above”}[gedu_lev.Value]

Kindly let us know what should be used in place of @rowname to display the list variable (name) of the roster.

regards
Nilanjana Roy

As suggested this thread may be closed, the question is now put under

@rowname not working in 5.19 (build 16084).