Information on interviews assigned, downloaded to tablets

We start our survey by making initial assignments, some are made direct to interviewers, and others to the supervisors who them assign them to team members. Then the interviewers sync their tablets to get their initial set of interviews. There is no way (from headquarters or supervisor) to see how many interviews have been assigned to each team / interviewer, or how many have been downloaded on to the tablets. Even looking at the interviewer profile, you can see the total bandwidth they used to download interviews, but not how many interviews.

Requested change: Make the reports (Surveys and Statuses, Teams and Statuses) actually use the “Supervisor Assigned” and “Interviewer Assigned” columns to show assignments that have been made. Add a column between “Interviewer Assigned” and “Completed” for those that have been downloaded on to the tablet.

1 Like

A report based on assignments rather than interviews has long been in demand, but so far we have not found a suitable way of reflecting infinite size assignments in Survey Solutions reports.

1 Like

I would find this information very useful, too. A couple of suggestions for how it could be implemented (specifically on the Surveys and Statuses report):

Option 1: Produce a count of just the “finite” assignments (summing the quantity number). This would be most useful in terms of tracking since we know for sure that we want interviews for all these finite assignments, and I would suggest that most surveys that have finite assignments are not usually mixing them with infinite assignments; or if they are, the infinite assignments are only used in particular situations.

Option 2: Produce separate counts of “finite” assignments (summing the quantity number) and "infinite assignments (count of assignments with quantity =-1). Display them in separate columns in the report.

Option 3: Count both types of assignments, summing the quantity number, but counting the -1 assignments as 1.

which one from the above is the best?

• option 1
  • option 2
  • option 3

0 voters

I would also find this information very useful and also it will allow the Supervisors to easily see how many assignments they need to distribute.

For option 3, I would prefer for this to be shown in an assignment level report where you can view how many assignments are currently Supervisor Assigned and how many are Interviewer Assigned (also it could also show how many assignments where all the required interviews completed). Adding these columns to the current Surveys and Statuses report would be a bit misleading since it is at the interview level.

I also think option 2 that sums the interview quantity by assignments would also be a workable solution and would not require the addition of a new report.

I prefer option 2. This is actually something I was about to post about. Especially with census coming up, we need a better way to track interviewer assignments to ensure responsive field management.