Improved search and download PDFs of selected filled surveys

Dear Survey Solutions,

1. Some of our partners in the field have requested a feature whereby they can download individual filled PDFs of surveys. Does such a feature exist? If not, would you consider implementing something like this?

2. It would be helpful if in the search bar on the server, under the interviews tab, the search function could look for answers within questionnaires (e.g. the name of individuals or firms). Please consider adding this functionality if possible.

Many thanks.

For point 1 above, could you say more about why is is needed? Currently, a user with access to the server could review the contents of an interview here. What about this functionality does not suit your use case? Also, why is PDF the preferred format?

For point 2, could you please provide a few concrete use cases of how this would be used, and the types of work flows for which this would either required or highly useful? Currently, a user could emulate this approach by downloading the data and writing a query of the data.

Point 1: Project managers wanted surveys for specific companies for their review - it’s nicer to give them the data in this form rather than an excel file where it has question variable codes etc. I’ve had this request from project managers at least three times in the last year.

Point 2: When looking to reject certain companies back to interviewers, at the moment you have to download the data, find the firm, find the associated ID number, log onto the server and then reject the correct one. It would just be quicker if we could search for the relevant company on the server.

On point #2 the logic is upside-down.

You don’t decide that you want to reject a company, then search for a corresponding interview. Instead you must review the interview, then deside whether to reject it. On that case no search is necessary.

Afaik the search works on the identifying fields. Which identifying fields are defined in your survey?

On point 2: I agree that ideally that’s not the ideal workflow, but sometimes it’s the interviewer that is requesting the survey be rejected back to them because they realize a mistake has been made.

I didn’t realise the search works on identifying fields, so perhaps I can change the company name question to such a type.

If I am not mistaken you recall feature is based on the assumption that only one interviewer is working on an interview, which is not the case in Survey Solutions, where a completed interview may be rejected to another interviewer or even a different team.

This also means that if implemented one interviewer may affect the work of another. Which is undesirable. There are also undesirable consequences for audit and randomizations.

What is wrong with telling the supervisor to reject back the interview?