HTTP Error 502.5 ANCM Out-Of-Process Startup Failure

I updated the Survey Solution from version 19.02.1 (build 24046) to 21.9. After the update, the server started giving the HTTP Error 502.5 error. All this was done by the cloned server.image

This version has dependency that was not installed during update.
It will be fixed soon.
As a workaround you might install this package manually on the server to resolve this issue:

Apologies for inconvenience.

1 Like

New version 21.09.5 was released

1 Like

Hello,
I upgrade our server to the last version of survey solutions 21.09 and i get this error (see image).
I have install this dependance Download ASP.NET Core 5.0 Runtime (v5.0.12) - Windows Hosting Bundle Installer but I got the same error

Finally, it’s OK after installing this version Download ASP.NET Core 5.0 Runtime (v5.0.13) - Windows Hosting Bundle Installer

Thanks you

Dear all,

I have also come across the same problem. I have downloaded and installed version 22.06 of Survey Solutions on the RDP, and also downloaded the newest version of ASP.NET Core 6.0 Runtime (v6.0.8) - Windows Hosting Bundle Installer as suggested. However, I noticed this is not necessary as the new version of Survey Solutions already includes Windows Server Hosting 6.0.3. I therefore uninstalled the Windows Hosting Bundle Installer to allow Survey Solutions to install without a Setup Failure.

The Survey Solutions Installation process runs smoothly, and I get the pop-up message “Installation Successfully Completed”. However, when I am redirected to the webpage, I continue to get the same error message (Error 502.5 - ANCM Out-of-Process Startup Failure) as in the screenshot above.

Where does the error come from? Is there any other way of solving this?

Would really appreciate any help!
Thank you!

Elena

You might want to try to uninstall Survey Solutions, uninstall Runtime 6.0.8, (potentially reboot the system) and install latest version of Survey Solutions.

Thank you for your reply!
I tried uninstalling everything and rebooting the system as you suggested but I keep getting the same error.
I was wondering if I’m doing something wrong in the Installation process. When the window pops up asking the Server, Port, Username, and Password, which Server am I supposed to enter? I tried in 3 different ways: keeping the default server, entering the Public IPv4 Address, and entering the Private IPv4 Address, but all three do not work. For the Port, I kept the default 5432. For the Username and Password, I entered the master username and password I had created when I made the database.
Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much.

Elena

Database server.
This page is asking for the parameters to establish a connection string within the Survey Solutions application.