How to show question labels from 7 categorical-single-select questions based on response (2,3 & 4) in a static text or in a question as reference?

Hi SuSo forum,
I have a section (first image) in my survey with 7 categorical single select questions and response options for all are from 1 to 5. I need to create a reference group among 7 questions which are responded from 2 to 4, and show to in a static text (second image) and also in a question. I do not know how to do it. Please help in this regards.

Image1-

Image2-

Best regards,

Imrul Hassan Simon

Simon, could you say more about how you would use the reference group? Would you have one roster per member of the reference group? Or would you simply be showing a comma-separated list of the members of the reference group? From the images above, I assume you want the latter, but wanted to confirm.

Dear Arthur, Thank you.

That specific section will interview two member of the household individually. We will ask both of the members 7 questions in section 13a to create the reference group for both.

For the group, I need a comma separated list of those question texts/labels (i.e s13a_01+qs13a_02+s13a_03, etc) which are responded 2 to 4.

Best regards,

Simon

One more thing, for both section we are using roster and member IDs.

More insights:
As I couldn’t figure this out, I am trying to do this in a alternative way. I have created 7 static text fields as shown in first two pictures for section 13b and 13c. And write expresion for all 7 static texts and write the text I wanted to show in the reference group, shown in last two pictures.

It works, but when I scroll down towards next questions of the section, the static text moves up. It is not helping the interviewers to see during asking the questions to respondents. If I could concatenate all 7 in a single string field like “ref_grp” and and put that %ref_grp% in the questions text, it could worked.

Best regards,

Simon

Try to define a string variable s with an expression along the lines of:

(s13a.ContainsAny(1) ? "She is married, " : "") +
(s13a.ContainsAny(2) ? "She has small children, " : "") + 

What survey is this for?

Dear @sergiy,

Thank you very much.

This is for Bangladesh Individual Consumption Study (BICS) Survey

Best regards

Imrul Hassan Simon (ihsimon)

One follow-up question, can I do the same for a numeric variable? Categorize respondents depending on some specific questions?

Example:

1. If a member is married (q10) and living with husband (q12), she has a child below 12 years old (q15), working in last 30 days (q17) = Category1.
  2. If a member is married (q10) and living with husband (q12), she has a child below 12 years old (q15), NOT working in last 30 days (q17) = Category2.
  3. If a member is married (q10) and living with husband (q12), regardless whether she has a child below 12 years old (q15), working in last 30 days (q17) = Category3.
  4. If a member is married (q10) and living with husband (q12), regardless whether she has a child below 12 years old (q15), NOT working in last 30 days (q17) = Category4.

Best regards,

It looks like “Category 3” always overwrites “Category 1”, and “Category 4” always overwrites the “Category 2”, so you will end up with one of these two, or undefined.

All four contain the same pre-condition on q10 and q12, so it boils down to q17. Perhaps check the definition of your categories/profiles.