Geofencing GPS feature

In the homepage (https://mysurvey.solutions/) it is mentioned that the tools allows applying geofencing.

I have looked in the forum and supported documentation, but could not locate the instructions on how to apply it.

Grateful if you could assist

Thank you,
A

Hello @andream
Maybe you need check this information
In that link you have information about how do you can use the Geography’s Question tool.

Thank you @kv700032,

But I had already checked that page and unfortunately there is no mentioning of “geofencing” in it.

If you find it, grateful if you could share it.

Hey @andream

geofencing” is is a virtual perimeter of a geographical area of ​​the real world.

If you define a question type Geographic and define the Geometry type, like this example

In your tablet when you are answering the interview you can select an area by pressing on the map for each dot that represents the coordinates of the area.

Like this example:

Thanks.

Hi @kv700032,

The definition I have in mind is slightly different than the one you used (polygon tool).

The part I am more interested is the second one of the following sentence (in bold): “the use of GPS or RFID technology to create a virtual geographic boundary, enabling software to trigger a response when a mobile device enters or leaves a particular area.

Drawing a point, line or polygon is now a standard feature in most data collection applications; the alert/trigger feature is something more advanced and interesting in my opinion. Hopefully the forum can clarify whether this feature is supported and how to use it.

UPDATE:
Found documentation at:
https://support.mysurvey.solutions/syntax-guide/questions/syntax-guide-gps-questions/
with helpful examples

Longitude, Latitude, Accuracy, and Altitude

Description

Retrieves the latitude/longitude/accuracy/altitude of a GPS coordinate.

Syntax

var_GPS.Longitude

var_GPS.Latitude

var_GPS.Accuracy

var_GPS.Altitude

InRectangle

Description

Confirm that a GPS coordinate falls within a rectangle defined by north, west, south, and east boundaries.

Syntax

var_GPS.InRectangle(north,west,south,east)

This function verifies that a coordinate (longitude and latitude) fall within the rectangle defined by the north, west, south, east corner coordinates.

GpsDistance

Description

Calculates the distance between two coordinates in meters.

Syntax

gpsA.GpsDistance(gpsB)

GpsDistanceKm

Description

Calculates the distance between two coordinates in kilometers.

Syntax

gpsA.GpsDistanceKm(gpsB)

This function calculates the distance in kilometers (km) between the coordinates gpsA and gpsB .

1 Like