Export translations in Excel

Use case: I’m a survey manager working with on multi-lingual survey. Tracking translations is hard. I deployed a version of the questionnaire with its translations, and my team is making changes to the translations. I (mostly) trust my team, but want to double-check what has changed between the translations in the questionnaire in production (on HQ) and the questionnaire in development (on Designer). I prefer outputs that match my inputs, and that are diff-able. In other words, I want an translation file exported from HQ that looks like the translation file I uploaded to Designer.

Implementation ideas:

A few ideas:

1. When data are exported from HQ, the export archive contains PDF versions of the questionnaire in /Pdf/. Data export should also export Excel translation files in a /translations/ folder.
  2. When an HQ user clicks on a questionnaire (in Survey Setup>Questionnaires), there are certain actions available. Add an action to recover translations.

Work-arounds: There seem to be a few, from least to most painful:

1. Use link export__readme.txt. First, export data. Then, find the export__readme.txt file. Next, follow the Designer link in that file. From Designer, download the translation of that questionnaire version.
  2. Use history on Designer and HQ. First, figure out when you imported the questionnaire onto HQ (i.e., log in as admin, look at the server log, find the date of the import event). Then, go to Designer, open History, and find the last change before the import event. Next, restore that version of the questionnaire and download the translations.Then, revert back to the version of the questionnaire prior to all these gymnatics.
  3. Create a translation file from the PDF. First, export data. Then, scrape text from translated Pdf versions of the questionnaire to develop a pseudo-translation file.
  1. Click this link:

to open the questionnaire in the Designer.

2. Then click on the translations and download which one you want as usual.

Thanks, Sergiy. This solves it. :bowing_man: I must have missed this feature in 19.11. Shame on me. More info on the feature here for others following this thread.