Export service is not available

Hello,

I wanted to ask for your help, the export data option was working perfectly on my local server (version 20.07), but today it does not work.

When trying to export it indicates the following error:
“Export service is not available”

…/Administration/Diagnostics shows us the following

I followed these indications https://support.mysurvey.solutions/headquarters/config/export-service/ and Survey Solutions Export Service is working.

Any ideas why the export doesn’t work?

Thank you very much!

PD: Attached export log file.
export-service.20200812.pdf (81.1 KB)

Hello, what version of Survey Solutions are you using?
From log file it looks like export service has no connection to Postgres database

Hi Andrew, I am using version 20.07. The data export worked the first weeks, so i imagine had connection to Postgres database at the beginning

Thank you!

Probably you did have a connection to the DB before, but something comes in a way now:

2020-08-12 19:10:08.411 -04:00 [ERR] An error occurred using the connection to database ‘SurveySolutions’ on server ‘tcp://127.0.0.1:5432’.

Best, Sergiy

Could you guide me with ideas on how to reestablish the connection between Postgres database and export service?

I have tried a couple of things like restarting the ISS windows server, and shutting down the windows firewall momentarily, but the error persists in the logfile.

PS: I am working on a VM in azure, maybe this is important.

Thank you very much!

Please upgrade to 20.08.1. It has simplified export service setup. Otherwise go to survey solutions install folder and export.service folder. There you can find appsettings production ini file. Check that connection string in there is correct. If you change it the restart of export windows service is needed

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I checked the file that you indicate, and I see everything regular, I connected to the DB by psql with the same input from the file and it worked perfect. Do you see something irregular? I would like to understand what is failing.

Port=5000

[ExportSettings]
DirectoryPath=…\Data_Site\ExportServiceData
[ConnectionStrings]
DefaultConnection=Persist Security Info=true;Server=127.0.0.1;Port=5432;User Id=postgres;Password=XXXXX;Database=SurveySolutions

Anyway we are doing backup of the DB with our team to perform the update, I read in the forum that this only consists of downloading the new version and reinstalling.

Thank you very much!

Yes, just download latest installer and run it on top of existing installation.
Errors from log file might be not latest. So lets see it will work after upgrade

Thank you very much for your answers, the server update solved the problem, and it was very easy.

regards