Error Importing Questionnaire

Greetings,

I am getting the following error when trying to import a questionnaire from the Designer:

‘Fail to import questionnaire to Headquarters. Please contact support to resolve this problem.’

This happens with any questionnaire I try to import, including versions of those which had been successfully imported in the past.

Server diagnostics indicate that it is working fine. Server name is: https://goforit-webapp.azurewebsites.net

I would appreciate your swift assistance, as this was a last minute issue in the middle of the data collection.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Borja

3 Likes

Greetings,

I am having the exact same issue as well. Your help or guidance on this matter would be really appreciated.

Many thanks and best regards,
Loty

Same applies to me. Just noticed that, it is not only with local servers but also same problem for demo servers (https://eli-demo.mysurvey.solutions/) .Assistance please!

HI,

I am having the exact same issue as well. Your help or guidance on this matter would be really appreciated.

Many thanks and best regards,

SPATARI

I am encountering the same problem. I am getting the error message below when I tried to import a new version of the questionnaire with a different name.

“You have already imported another questionnaire with questionnaire variable ‘RCT_WS’ from Designer. If you still want to import this particular one, please give it a different questionnaire variable in Designer.”

The same error is received even after renaming the questionnaire.
I tried importing an earlier version of the questionnaire and this was successful.

Need help please. Many thanks.
Ludy

Try renaming the questionnaire variable, not title in the Designer.

Thanks you for your response. However, there is no variable named ‘RCT_WS’ in the questionnaire that I would like to import this time. The label ‘RCT-WS’ only comes up in the questionnaire (Scale-RCM-Q2 RCT-WS) I drafted in April 2020.

I found the questionnaire variable in the settings of the questionnaire. Importing was successful. Thanks.

Dear @Ludy_Velasco , now that you’ve found this, could you please examine the original message you’ve received from the program and explain what was confusing in it and how it can be improved, so that other users don’t experience the same problem? Thank you, Sergiy

Maybe you can add in the error message where the questionnaire variable can be edited – “The questionnaire variable may be edited in the settings of the questionnaire.”

I forgot that I created the variable. When I make major revisions to a questionnaire that has no errors, I copy the questionnaire and make revisions on the copy and keep the original version.