Enabling condition for a question asked AFTER a Numeric Roster

Hi,

We have a numeric roster (to ask how many other people live in the same household) and it is composed of 10 questions within, please see below:

The tricky part is that we have a following question (cat. single select) that asks the enumerator ‘How do you sense the interviewee feels after this section?’ however we only want this to show AFTER the roster has been completed (i.e. all 10 questions have been answered for each person in the household).

Currently, this question (End2) is not hidden and it appears before the roster is even answered. We initially programmed it to “Prog201!=null” but this does not work because it refers to the preceding numeric question to the roster. I thought it would work by adding “&&ESQQ208!=null” however that is greeted with an error message.

Please could you advise what the correct enabling condition should be, and link me to a resource on the support page that explains this process in greater detail? Thank you.

Best,
Nigel

Hello Evaan,

put an enabling condition on that question:
(Prog201>0) && (Roster201.Count(x=>!IsAnswered(x.ESQQ208))==0)

Obviously, select ‘hide if disabled’ to delay this question from appearing before all persons respond to ESQQ208.

Not clear what all the other dots are there for, perhaps you’ve done question-by-question opening?

Finally, be advised, that the question will not appear if one of your respondents genuinely doesn’t know the answer on ESQQ208 and the question is left unanswered for that reason, so you may want to make sure all of the questions are such that they can be always answered.

Best, Sergiy Radyakin

2 Likes

Hi Sergiy,

Thanks very much for the speedy reply, greatly appreciated. This enabling condition works perfectly, thank you!

And yes you are correct we have decided to program our questionnaires with question-by-question opening in most cases, it has been our preferred design method since we started (mainly to assist both the enumerator - for pacing and ease of reading but also to assist us by programming robust skip patterns and enabling conditions to minimize user error).

Thanks for pointing out about the ESQQ208, but we’ve included a ‘don’t know’ option so this mitigates that issue.

Best,
Nigel