Enabling condition based on multi select answer order

Hi @sergiy,

I really appreciate you taking the time to help here. Whilst i’m a reasonably competent programmer, i’ve not had much exposure to C#, and this is my first time working on the Survey Solutions platform. I’m sure the challenges I’m having are just a refection of my current lack of understanding of C# and SS.

The survey I’m working on is a climate change risk assessment tool called the Integrated Vulnerability and Adaptation Household Survey to be run in vulnerable parts of the south pacific region, palaces like KIRIBATI and TUVALU. I’m doing this work as part of a volunteer program for The Pacific Community (SPC).

The reason i want to be able to display the label value of a multi-select question is; is so that we can ask a question that presents a set of response options, from which the respondent can choose multiple responses, and then be able to ask subsequent questions that refer to the answers they selected.

I will give a specific example:

I have a question s3_hh_exp_3y that asks “Which of the following has your household experienced in the last 3 years?” , with the following options:

Coastal erosion.....................................................1
Seawater inundation caused by severe storm..........................2
Seawater inundation caused by king tide.............................3
Strong winds – damage of houses, bridges and other infrastructure...4
Drought.............................................................5
Heavy rain (e.g. flooding, damage, excess water)....................6
High temperatures or heatwaves......................................7
Marine heatwaves....................................................8
Fire................................................................9
Tsunami.............................................................10
Other [specify].....................................................101

I then want to ask, them to rank their selection in order of severity of impact, let’s call this ranking ranked_exp_resp ideally just presenting them with the selection choices they just made as the options to rank (ie filtering out the ones they did not choose).

Then, taking their top 3 ranked responses, i want to ask “What are the main problems your household has experienced because of %ranked_exp_resp[0]%”

Impact on water supply or quality...............................................1
Damage to land or property......................................................2
Relocation (temporary)..........................................................3
Relocation (permanent)..........................................................4
Impacts on supply of energy (electricity, firewood, liquid fuel, solar power)...5
Impacts physical health (injury, disease or death)..............................6
Impacts on mental health (anxiety, depression)..................................7
Negative impacts on community relationships.....................................8
Impact on ability to earn income................................................9
Impact on ability to attend school..............................................10
Impact on wild food.............................................................11
Impact on crops, livestock......................................................12
Impact on fishing...............................................................13
Other impacts [TYPE BELOW]......................................................101
Cant say.......................................................................-98
Refused.........................................................................-99

Next we want to ask “Of the main problems caused by %ranked_exp_resp[0]% which affected the women of the household?” this time the selectable options should be the subset of options selected in the previous question (ie. we’ve filtered out the options they did not select).

Ideally i want to avoid replicating the same set of response options, and just use the one set of response categories across all the relevant questions.

As i think about it, maybe we could make a Roster from the first multi-select question?