Deleted questionnaire in designer

I did what I should’t have done, I deleted my latest version of the questionnaire in the designer by mistake.

Two questions:

• Can I recover it?
  • Is it also deleted for those with whom I have shared the questionnaire?

Than you, from panicland

Hello, @malop12

Can I recover it?

No. After you affirm the confirmation of deletion of the questionnaire it is removed from the Designer.

Is it also deleted for those with whom I have shared the questionnaire?

Yes, shared questionnaires are single documents. When the owner deletes a questionnaire, it is also deleted for all the collaborators.

The only thing that I can think of is perhaps you have imported the questionnaire to some data server already. In that case:

1. The imported version of the questionnaire is retained in the Designer and is accessible using the backlink from the data export file (see the readme file).

2. Data export with metadata contains questionnaire document, which should be helpful in recovery of the questionnaire. See changes to data export as described here.

Following either route you are losing the changes made after the last import of the questionnaire to the data server.

If you did not import the questionnaire to any data server (or for older versions of the HQ) then I have no good news. As you wrote, “you did what you shouldn’t have done”.

I understand. Thank you. I think I will take the rest of the day off…