I am currently seeking for a candidate to fill the following vacancy. If interested, please send your CV, cover letter, and availability schedule to me (Sergiy Radyakin) via email:
ASAP till January 29, 2022
(Kindly include a link to this post in your message.)
Thank you, Sergiy
CONTEXT OF THE WORK
In line with the World Bank’s and Joint Data Centre (JDC’s) effort on strengthening data systems and filling data gaps, this project addresses the issues around of microdata quality in surveys for Forcefully Displaced Populations (FDPs) and their host communities.
This project aims to develop tools, guidelines and methods to strengthen data collection systems that will in turn, improve the quality of data on forcibly displaced populations and host communities, as well as to build capacity in their use. These solutions will be built around free or open source solutions and designed to operate in capacity-constrained environments.
UNHCR programs rely on having good data on nutritional outcomes in refugee populations through regular nutrition surveys, undertaken at the household level, to be able to deliver effective and timely interventions. UNHCR has developed the SENS survey guidelines for standardization of the ways nutritional data is collected and results are presented (https://sens.unhcr.org/).
The applications and workflows created under this activity will be developed with the World Bank’s Survey Solutions software.
- Implementation of electronic version of questionnaire(s)/ questionnaire modules in Survey Solutions
- Recommendations on improvement of the questionnaire
- Testing of the questionnaire
- Writing accompanying documentation for the questionnaire
- Development of tabulation/graphing procedure (R/Python/Stata).
RELEVANT SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in developing CAPI application in Survey Solutions Software in National Households Surveys.
- Advanced Degree (Masters, or Ph.D., or an equivalent degree) in economics, statistics, computer science or other relevant degree.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in implementation of CAPI technologies in National Statistical Organizations or major international developmental organizations (UN, World Bank, African Development Bank, Asian Development Bank, OECD, OECS, USAID, AusAID, etc), or commercial companies providing data collection services to the NSOs and/or international developmental organizations.
- Understanding of survey methodology and survey design.
- Knowledge of Statistical Software and proficiency in statistical programming (i.e. in Stata, R, Python).
- Excellent writing and good analyzing aptitude, proven experience in conducting high quality reports and advice in the areas of these terms of reference.