Compare Categorical: Single-select (linked to text-list question) to a Text question

Hi Team,

I’m trying to create a variable that tells me if answer to a string question matches with the answer selected in Categorical: Single-select (linked to text-list question). None of the questions are placed inside a roster. How can I achieve this?

Many Thanks!

Is it the same task as in this thread?

Hi @sergiy,

Thank you for the response. And apologies for the late response from my side. It is not quite what I am looking for. Let me give more context. I have 3 questions in total, separately outside of a roster.

Q1. What is your name? (Text question)
Q2. List of Household members. (List Question)
Q3. From this List who is considered as the household head. (Single select question bind to Q2)
I want to make a variable which compares Q1 with Q3 and tell me if it is the same or not (comparing a text question with the value label of a single select question)

Hope this could help further understand the issue at hand.
Best,
Shafeeu

Hello @shafeeu_17 ,

can you change the order of the questions?

Q1. List of Household members. (List Question)
  Q2. From this List who is considered as the household head. (Single select question bind to Q1)
  Q3. Is the head being interviewed? (Y/N single select).
  Q4. (If Q3==NO) Who is the respondent?

or just go with Q4 removing Q3.

The advantage is that you avoid typing a name twice, as well as getting false reactions in case of trivial differences in spelling, such as an extra space between the name and the last name.

Best, Sergiy