Checking if a list question only contains Latin alphabet characters

I have a list where I enter names. I want to be able to check that the names are correctly written and using only the Latin alphabet. The function IsAlphaLatin does not work because the question type is not string. Is there any work around that can be done to check this?
Thank you

The function IsAlphaLatin()works”, but is not applicable in this case since it is applicable to strings, while a list question is a collection of strings.

Rather then applying the function IsAlphaLatin() to the whole list question, iterate over its items and apply to each single name in the list.

This is not a “work around”, but behavior by design.

I understood that the function does not work here because the question is not a string var. Can you please give me a hint on how the validation rule would look like so that I " iterate over its items and apply to each single name in the list." ? Many thanks.

I want to be able to check that the names are correctly written and using only the Latin alphabet.

Hence there should be not a single name in the list, which is spelled with other (non-Latin alphabet letters) and the validation for the list question could be something like the following:

!self.Any(name=>name.Text.IsAlphaLatin()==false)

2 Likes