CAWI Assignment upload error

Dear Survey Solutions,

We have recently upgraded our development and staging servers to the latest version of Survey Solutions (23.04.2) from version 22.06.5.

We have an issue when we try and upload CAWI assignments, we receive the below error (also see and extraction of the log file below). We are able to upload CAPI assignments without any issues. We are also able to upload these CAWI assignments on our production server (using the same questionnaire) which is still on version 22.06.5 without any issues.

Do you perhaps have any idea what the cause of this may be?

This is what the log file says

2023-05-31 09:46:24.629 +02:00 [ERR] Import assignments error
System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: CC2023T1
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2.TryInsert(TKey key, TValue value, InsertionBehavior behavior) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable1 source, Func2 keySelector, Func2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer1 comparer)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable1 source, Func2 keySelector, Func2 elementSelector) at WB.Core.BoundedContexts.Headquarters.AssignmentImport.AssignmentsImportService.SaveAssignments(IList1 assignments)
at WB.Core.BoundedContexts.Headquarters.AssignmentImport.AssignmentsImportService.VerifyPanelAndSaveIfNoErrors(String originalFileName, PreloadedFile[] allImportedFiles, Guid defaultResponsibleId, PreloadedFile protectedVariablesFile, IQuestionnaire questionnaire)+MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.EnumerablePartition`1.ToArray()
at WB.UI.Headquarters.Controllers.AssignmentsController.Upload(AssignmentUploadModel model)

Kind regards

Eugene Ehlers

Just to add to this, If I remove the _password column from our preload files, then I can upload the assignments successfully. But as I mentioned before, these upload files with the _password column in place, works perfectly fine on version 22.06.5.

Dear @eehlers,
Thank you for your report. We will fix this issue in the next release. As a workaround, I would suggest not using the same passwords for the CAWI assignments.

1 Like