Cannot open interviews

Hello,

All the interviews on the server cannot be opened. Upon clicking any interview, a page with “Error” is displayed.
The interviews includes all that has been previously completed also.

Please provide your assistance.

Regards
Faizal

You could get faster response and help if you try to give little better-formulated question and description of the problem - what server (what version of Survey Solutions), what error (screenshot of the page), does anything else work (for example do you see the list of interviews, reports, are you able to export data) or you get the error on whatever page you try to open? when did this error start happening, were you able to open interviews before? if so, what happened in-between (installed update, restarted server, turned off database, etc etc)?

Dear Zurab,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for not having given much details.
I am using a survey solutions version 20.3 since last year. It suits the office purpose and no update has been carried out, Everything was working fine on Tuesday. The only issue reported by the user that it was taking a little more time to load the page. I am able to login on the servers and am able to access all the menus. I have 5 questionnaires on the servers. The data can be exported. I see all the interviews. The problem is when I open on an interview, that is where I get a blank page an it says “Error”. All the interviews were opening previously… I am not able to get other information about the error. TO my opinion it is not able to display the interviews on the page. This was working fine until wednesday morning. In between it was working fine and the error occured, no change was made to the server. Only after the issue has been reported, I have restarted the server but still the problem is same.

Please find below the screenshot of what is being done and the error.

Error 040221B

1. Is there anything in the server logs?
  2. Is there any chance you can stop cutting off the screenshots concealing the most important information that can help people to help you?
  3. Is there any other functionality that is not working?
  4. Create an HQ account and see whether that user can open the interviews.
  5. Talk to your colleagues. “In between it was working fine and the error occured, no change was made to the server.” can just be that you were not informed about the change.

Dear Sergiy,
Thank you for your query.

1. Is there anything in the server logs?
    i went through the logs but i have not seen any unusual things.

2. Is there any chance you can stop cutting off the screenshots concealing the most important information that can help people to help you?
    It is the complete screenshots that is uploaded except there is a URL at the top. and for the Error page it is a blank page. Please find the complete screenshot below.

3. Is there any other functionality that is not working?
    All other functionality is working fine except the interviews cannot be opened.

4. Create an HQ account and see whether that user can open the interviews.
    I have created another HQ account but the problem is still same.

5. Talk to your colleagues. “In between it was working fine and the error occured, no change was made to the server.” can just be that you were not informed about the change.
    No other persons access the server except myself.

I do respect your desire to preserve privacy and not share any more than you’d like to, so I will not ask if you could send us the server log file, if you think there is nothing there, we’ll take your word for it.

But there must be an error somewhere and it is very strange that the page is completely blank except the word error. Can there be something between you and the server blocking content? new firewalls, browser plugins etc installed? are you seeing the same error from another computer; another browser; or have you tried to login (remotely) to the server and open the site locally?

One more thing, here is a screenshot of an open interview (random one I picked on the demo server). If you notice there is an interview key | review in the tab title, and on yours, there’s the full page address, so something is different:

Dear Zurab,

Thank you for your reply.

I am trying to figure out of any firewalls with the network administrator.

Dear Zurab and Sergiy,

Thank you very much for your support.
I have checked same with the network administrator and the problem is now resolved.
Thank you very much once again

So how was it resolved? What should the users do when they encounter a similar situation?

Dear Sergiy,

I have been told by the Network Administrator that there was an issue with the redirection server and that they created a new rule for it. I hope that this might be of help for you and others also.

Thank you very much for your support.