Automatically translated in some other language

Hi Development Team,

I have added error message in “Visitation logic check:” of Outcome Codes section i.e. “Error: There should be no visits after a terminal visit.”. But, the message is converted to some other language automatically in the script which I have highlighted with red circle. The screen short is attached for your reference.

Can you guide/suggest me how do I keep it as it according to my requirement.

Thanks,
Sitanshu

Hi, Sitanshu

Sorry but I don’t think I can help here.

We don’t have any automated tools for translations. Translations that You can upload and use on devices are applied only on devices and not on designer.

Thanks,
Victor

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your immediate reply. Actually I do not need any translated tool. I need the message “Error: There should be no visits after a terminal visit.” by English language in the script instead of any other language. This is why I have added the error message in English. But, the script is translating automatically in some other language which I could not understand. The screen short is attached with red circle highlighted.

I need the message “Error: There should be no visits after a terminal visit.” in ENGLISH. Also you can share me which language it is highlighted by red circle?

Thanks,
Sitanshu

Hi, Sitanhsu

I just want to say. That if there were any changes in document - they were done via Designer.

Maybe it’s Chrome auto translation translated text in textbox, then user does’nt notice this and click Save.

You can go through history and try to identify - who changed the text

Hi Victor,

I think it’s not the problem of Chrome. Because, I have used the error message/s in some other variable/s also. Those are not changing to other language from English. Also attached the screen short of internet explorer also. Same error persist.

I think you or developer team look into this issue deeply.

Thanks,
Sitanshu

Hi, Sitanshu.

You see already saved to Questionnaire error message. We don’t have any tools or code, that translate questionnaire on the fly. Someone saved this message to Your questionnaire.

I guess we need to take a look into Chrome auto translate feature to see if we can disable it for some fields.

Thanks,
Victor

Sure, please bring the computer you are using on Tuesday June 11th, 2019 at 4:00 PM to our HQ and we will look into the issue. Have with you a picture ID, and the serial numbers of all the equipment you are bringing. I will meet you at the visitor’s entrance. The whole process should not take more than an hour.

Sergiy

Maybe you should talk to your team? you seem to have several people editing this questionnaires and there are multiple versions of it - in the version named May 3 the text is in English as you expect; but you also have a copy ‘Pew Script - 10 May 2019 - Sitanshu_18th May 2019’ where the message is translated in Hindi…

So it seems like one of your colleagues didn’t understand the translation feature well and instead of exporting translation document for Hindi (or whatever the language they wanted to edit) and change the string there, they went ahead and modified it in the questionnaire source.

Hi Victor,

I did not share my script to any others. But, shared the link to the client with Read Only mode. Then who will change the sentence/text? I have incorporated different type of error messages in different variables. Those are not changed.

We need to find out some solutions.

Thanks,
Sitanshu

Hi Zurab,

Thanks for your deep observation. definitely I will discuss with my team.

Thanks,
Sitanshu