Automatically logged off when approving case

Dear Support,

One of our supervisors is experiencing a strange issue where the system will automatically log him off when he approves a case. The issue does not arise when he rejects a case, and none of the 4 other supervisors experience the same problem.

When he approves, he will automatically be sent to the below screen:

Note that when he reconnects to his supervisor session, the case is correctly marked as “approved”. A quick Diagnostics run indicates that our server health status is “Healthy”. Any idea about what we are doing wrong? What do you need from me to help you understand the issue?
Thanks a lot.
Best regards,

Benjamin.

Hello @benj,

could be interpreted as either of the two extremes (or anything inbetween):

• the system will automatically log him off every time when he approves a case, and I’ve seen this with my own eyes happening on different devices and in different browsers, so I am absolutely sure the problem is with Survey Solutions”.
    OR
  • the system will automatically log him off every time when he approves a case, and although I haven’t seen this with my own eyes the user says it happens often, though in fact it happened only once”.

I’d say that:

1. From your description the issue appears to be not server-specific, but user-specific. Since the other supervisors are not experiencing the issue. When describing such issues, the question always arises “In what way this particular user (or this group of users) is different from the other users?”.

2. The description seems inaccurate, because the system does not log the user off automatically. Yes, there is a button to “logoff” on your screenshot, but whether to click on it or not is up to the user, so it is nto automatic. If you simply go to the server’s root page in the same browser window, you should remain logged in.

3. The issue is easy to reproduce in the demo server, this will happen, for example, under the following scenario: open an interview for a review by the supervisor, approve that interview by the HQ user while the supervisor is reading it. The supervisor will get this:

Approved by whom? An HQ user? Or that supervisor? Or another supervisor?

A) If an HQ - you have the above explanation. No issue that I can see with this.
*B) If that supervisor - then *
b1) somebody else is working under his account. Turn on 2FA and you will quickly hear who that is.
OR
b2) she opens the interview in multiple tabs, approves in one, then observes that in another tab/window/device.
C) If another supervisor, then it is similar to the first case, where the interview is reassigned to another supervisor and that guy approves it.

The fact that other supervisors don’t experience this is telling me that it is likely B), but do investigate which one. If you find still, that the problem is not explained by the above, then please try to replicate on the demo server.

Please write below in a new message what you find.

Best, Sergiy

Dear Sergiy,

I see. I will inquire further into this issue. The scenarios you proposed should be easy to check and to solve. I will let you know what I find.
Thanks a lot.
Best regards,

Benjamin.

Dear Sergiy,

Late reply, sorry. I was not able to replicate the issue mentioned above on my PDS (everything seems to work well for me). I suspect that the supervisor in question had several sessions open on several devices, or several windows of the same session on the same device, but he said he did not. Note that he was using Firefox, and since he switched to Chrome, the issue has not re-occurred. No idea if there could be any link here.

Another supervisor just met the same issue, but we found out that he had the same session open on his tablet, and on his laptop. When he closed the tablet session, the issue did not repeat.

Sorry I cannot be more specific here. It does not seem to be a big issue though, more about comfort than anything else. Thanks for the directions you gave me: I provided additional instructions to the team accordingly. We have a total of 46 supervisors and only 2 met the issue, both of which saying it is now resolved…
Best regards,

Benjamin.

Dear Benjamin,

your additional information seems to corroborate my assumption that the issue is somehow related to what the users are doing, and when done in the controlled environment (read “properly”) the issue does not occur.

Best, Sergiy