Age Difference in the household

Hello everybody, Sergiy i need a help for this question.
I would like to write a code to control the age difference between the head of the household and his son is at least 10 years.
For example:
“Age of household head - Age of Son/Daughter >= 10”
I have the variable “relationship to head of household” which is in the table “roster_household” with modalities:
Head of Household
Son/Daughter
Nephew…

1 Like

See validation 3 for this question for some ideas on implementation. This comes from a public questionnaire in /Full questionnaires/Living Standards Survey/Enquête harmonisée sur les conditions de vie des ménages dans la zone UEMOA.

The code comments are in French, but Google Translate can hopefully help.

Here is the same validation that has been updated/refactored (in a private questionnaire):

/* ============================================================================
ÉCART D'ÂGE ENTRE CM ET ENFANT DOIT ÊTRE 14+ ANS 
	- POUR CM mâle 14+ ANS
	- POUR CM femelle 12+ ANS
============================================================================ */

/* CM == mâle */
s01q02==1 && s01q01==1 ? !membres.Any(x=>x.s01q02==3 && (AgeAnnee-x.AgeAnnee)<14) :	// si CM mâle
s01q02==3 ? !membres.Any(x=>x.s01q02==1 && x.s01q01==1 && (x.AgeAnnee-AgeAnnee)<14) :	// si enfant du CM mâle

/* CM == mâle */
s01q02==1 && s01q01==2 ? !membres.Any(x=>x.s01q02==3 && (AgeAnnee-x.AgeAnnee)<12) :	// si CM femelle
s01q02==3 ? !membres.Any(x=>x.s01q02==1 && x.s01q01==2 && (x.AgeAnnee-AgeAnnee)<12) :	// si enfant du CM femelle

true

There may be other ways to do the same, but these leads can likely provide some inspiration.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I am very grateful @arthurshaw2002 Arthur

Than you so much for this!