Add clickable hyperlink to website in static text

Dear all,

I would like to include a clickable hyperlink to a website in a static text section. Any suggestions on how to do that would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Michelle

See the release notes for Survey Solutions ver. 19.02

1 Like

Dear Sergiy,

is there also a possibility to create hyperlinks to external websites which would open in a web-browser?
I have tried using the HTML tag but cannot produce the desired result.

Best,
Michelle

Before we go further into this, what would be the use-case for that? I am in the middle of a jungle, interviewing a family, no internet connection around, I click on the link?

Dear Sergiy,

the questionnaire is not aimed at households in remote areas but will be filled out by only a few professionals with internet connection who provide information based on their research and interviews with stakeholders that took place beforehand.

Best,
Michelle

In that case yes, you can include links to online resources. See the “Hyperlink demo” section in the “PUBLIC EXAMPLE Unicode Text and Formatting” questionnaire.

hyperlink

1 Like

Dear Sergiy,

the code from the example only works when I add the link in the interviewer instructions field.

Is there a way to also include hyperlinks in static text?

Best,
Michelle

Michelle, allow me to disagree:
static_text_link

Dear Sergiy,

you are absolutely right. The problem does not appear to be the static text field but rather that the text where the link is included is structured in three paragraphs using the HTML p-tag. Can you think of any solution to this problem?

Best,
Michelle

To avoid guessing, what have you typed (exactly) that is ‘not working’?
Include all tags, links, quotes, etc.

Using the example from the public questionnaire and adding p-tags can replicate my problem:

<p>New static text Interviewer!</p><p> Some respondents have difficulties with this question. Help the respondent using the examples from the [👉📖 interviewer manual](http://web.worldbank.org/archive/website00002/WEB/PDF/KYR96INT.PDF "Click here for the manual").</p>

Thank you for posting the fragment.

The reason is likely that the markdown syntax gets enveloped in the HTML syntax, which, apparently, doesn’t mix well.

If you can’t split into three static texts, you could get away with something like this:

<p>Interviewer!</p>
   Some respondents have difficulties with this question. Help the respondent using the examples from the [👉📖 interviewer manual](http://web.worldbank.org/archive/website00002/WEB/PDF/KYR96INT.PDF "Click here for the manual").<BR><BR>
   <p>Next paragraph follows...</p>

This results in a reasonable behavior:
link3paragraphs

1 Like

Dear Sergiy,

Thank you for your comments. I think I will simply split the paragraphs into separate static text fields. For some reason the hyperlink in your text example is not clickable again after copying everything into the designer.

Best,
Michelle

1 Like

Thanks! helped me a lot!

Thank you for letting know.

You can also ‘like’ individual answers that were helpful or informative by clicking the little heart icon beneath the message. This helps bump up popular messages, links, discussions in the forum.

If a technique or recipe was helpful in a situation different from described, perhaps, also describe your situation. Some techniques could be useful for more situations than originally anticipated.

Best, Sergiy